How to submit your work
Email to Kapio@hawaii.edu
(Be sure to include your name, telephone no., email address, instructor’s name and the course for which the paper was written.)
Drop off your paper in the last mailbox, Kalia hallway. The box will be labeled “Submissions”. Be sure to attach a submission form.
Send via U.S. mail to
Kapio - Board of Student Publications
4303 Diamond Head Road
Honolulu, HI 96816
Art work should be brought to Lama 119, located in the back of the library (east end). If you would like to wait while your art is photographed, please call 734-9120 to make an appointment with a photographer.
Not sure which journal you should submit your work to?
You can leave the decision up to the advisers by leaving the choice of journal section blank.
Make one last check:
Please check your sources for the author’s full name, title of work, name of publication, publisher, place of publication, year, etc.
For the correct format for citing sources, see
The rewards of participating in the Board of Student Publications
• Help make possible contests and readings to showcase student talent.
• Serve on the production staff of one of the journals and develop editing and layout skills and
learn to use layout design and web software.
• Work with other students and faculty as a team.
• Earn a stipend as an editor.
• Participation as a journal staff member is a plus when applying for scholarships and awards.
Questions?? Call the Kapi‘o Adviser at 734-9120.
Welcome to Le'ahi! - Welcome to Le'ahi, an online campus journal showcasing the best writing from Kapi'olani Community College students in ENG and ESOL 100 & 22.
1 year ago